Greetings Irish Guard Families....It's hard to believe but our FINAL field show is almost here. It's been an exciting season and certainly an experience that I've enjoyed. After waiting on the weather forecast, our Saturday schedule has been finalized:
8:30-11am - Rehearsal on the field
11-12 - Load Trucks
12-1 - Lunch on Campus - Students need to bring their own lunch this week!
1-2:30 - Head to Fairfield
2:30-4:30 - Students watch other bands perform
4:30-5:30 - Dinner served on site
6:15 - Students get in uniform
6:45-7:45 - Warm-up
8:15 - Final 2017 Irish Guard Performance @ Fairfield High School
9:45 - Awards
11:30 - Arrival at DHS
THANK YOU to everyone that has played a part in making this season a success. Here are just a few things that parents have been amazing at...and you can always join us next year :)
- Uniform fittings, adjustments, and setup at shows
- Pit Crew - Building, setting up/tearing down, moving, driving, and loading
- Grub Club - planning and preparing meals and snacks for students on show days
- DHS Invitational and Fundraising
- Driving students to Foothill
- Updating the website, attending booster meetings, and sending out email blasts
Your dedication to providing a great band experience for all the students is inspiring and greatly appreciated. Here are the events that you have to look forward to in coming weeks!!!
1. See's Candy Fundraiser - forms will be sent home tomorrow and orders are due November 30th. They make great stocking stuffers!
2. Dublin Tree Lighting - On November 30th Jazz Ensemble will be playing at City Hall at 7PM for the city tree lighting. If you can't make it, check them out on TV30!
3. Winter Concert - Monday, December 4th, 7PM - DHS Auditorium - Orchestra, Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble
4. Breakfast with Santa - Saturday, December 9th Orchestra, Choir, and Jazz Ensemble will be entertaining 3 seatings of breakfast at the Shannon Center.....and Santa will be there!! It's a great event for the whole family so bring the little ones if you have them!
5. Band Booster Meeting - December 11th, 7PM in the choir room
6. NYC Chaperone Meeting - December 13th, 7PM in the choir room
Concert Uniforms have arrived and students will wear them for the Winter Concert on December 4th. They will be distributed on Saturday morning so that students can take them home over break with enough time to have adjustments made. Gentleman's pants need to be hemmed so the pants hang to the top of the shoe and the ladies dresses should be hemmed to floor length. Don't forget that students will wear the concert attire for all four years so they only need to pay for it once. If you have not yet paid the $125 suggested donation, the form can be found here:
Lastly, CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Dayton for receiving a scholarship from the Livermore-Ardmore Symphony!!! Thanks everyone, have a safe and restful Thanksgiving next week!!!! Don't hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.
All the best,
Marching season is in full swing and the next month is going to be busy with so many events! The students have been working HARD and we are ready to perform. This email list is intended to help raise awareness of call times and event logistics, starting with Homecoming week. Moving forward you can expect an information email once a week.
Homecoming week events:
- Color Guard practice 6-9
- Full Irish Guard Rehearsal 6-9
(due to Homecoming events, we will have our regularly schedule Wed evening rehearsal moved to Tuesday for this week. Thank you for your flexibility!)
- Pieology Dine-out Night 4-9
-PSAT/SAT Day - students in session 9-1
- Homecoming skit night - no Wednesday Band Practice!
- Percussion Practice 6-9
- Homecoming Parade 3:45 - students will report directly to the band room after dismissal. There will be pizza served in the band room between the parade and game
- Homecoming Football Game - 7PM
- Full Irish Guard Rehearsal 10am-3pm - Students will be dismissed early to prepare for the Homecoming dance (leadership reports 9:15am)
Parents, thank you for all you do to support your child's music education! Dublin is a really special community and I'm having such a great time being here working with your talented kids.There's been a lot to learn in the first two months but I have such a great team to work with; from great band staff to amazing band parents and wonderful student leaders. It makes my busy job tons of fun. The "Mirror Image" Show has been evolving quickly in recent weeks and we are excited to share it with you at our Dublin Invitational on October 21st. I believe there is still a need for volunteers so please check the website and see how you can contribute. www.dhsirishguard.org
Have a great weekend everyone and don't hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns!
All the best,
Hello Irish Guard and welcome back to DHS! Thank you for an amazing band camp. I was impressed with the skill and work ethic throughout the entire week and I am certainly grateful for the warm welcome from students, band staff, and families. I told the kids after the Wednesday evening pep rehearsal, this job is going to be FUN and I definitely found a wonderful place to call home. It was my pleasure to share our progress for the Friday evening performance. I enjoyed meeting so many families and seeing the great community of support. I truly look forward to getting to know everyone in the coming years. It takes a village to make an amazing music program (which you have!) so please get involved in any capacity you are able to. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns in the coming weeks. I feel fortunate to get make music with wonderful young people each day and I'm ready to hit the ground running for a great fall season. Here's to continuing a tradition of success for the Dublin High School Irish Guard!
All the best,