Greetings Irish Guard Families....
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with plenty of time to spend with friends and family. After such an exciting and successful Field Show season I want to say CONGRATULATIONS for an amazing performance at the Fairfield High School Tournament of Champions last week!!! It took a lot of hard work from students, staff, and volunteers to make this season happen and we made history together as the Sweepstakes winner of TOC. Here is a recap of the competition accomplishments from the Field Show Season 2017:
Foothill High School Field Show - 5th Place Percussion, 3rd Place Field Conductor (Drum Major)
Vintage High School Field Show - 1st Place Color Guard. 3rd Place 5A Field Show
Fairfield High School Tournament of Champions - 1st Place Color Guard, 3rd Place Percussion, Sweepstakes Field Show (1st out of all bands!)
I believe we do what we do for the joy and satisfaction of performing at our highest level through hard work and practice, and not necessarily "to win". However, it sure feels good when the hard work and dedication to excellence result in that external recognition. I'm extremely proud of the growth the students showed from the Dublin Invitational to Fairfield! A Field Show is an incredible feat and it truly requires an impressive level of dedication from each individual. Thank you for supporting your child's music education and understanding what experiences like this mean. Also, a HUGE THANK YOU goes out to everyone that has volunteered in any way this season: our Grub Club ladies and volunteers, the Roadie crew, everyone that has supported through fundraising efforts, all the marketing and advertising this season, anyone that helped with building and painting props, the Booster Board for guiding me through my first season in California, everyone that attended the football games and performances. This definitely couldn't have happened without all of you!
As we move into concert season, I'm really excited about preparing all the upcoming performances, including the prestigious Carnegie Hall. Here's a brief list of what's to come:
November 30th - Jazz Ensemble performs at the Dublin tree lighting - 7PM
December 4th - Orchestra, Concert Band, and Jazz Ensemble perform at the Winter Concert - 7PM
December 9th - Orchestra, Choir, and Jazz Ensemble performs for Dublin's "Breakfast with Santa"
*Please remember to have your concert attire hemmed for our December 4th Winter Concert!
It's going to be a great concert season! See you all soon.
All the best,
Greetings Irish Guard Families....It's hard to believe but our FINAL field show is almost here. It's been an exciting season and certainly an experience that I've enjoyed. After waiting on the weather forecast, our Saturday schedule has been finalized:
8:30-11am - Rehearsal on the field
11-12 - Load Trucks
12-1 - Lunch on Campus - Students need to bring their own lunch this week!
1-2:30 - Head to Fairfield
2:30-4:30 - Students watch other bands perform
4:30-5:30 - Dinner served on site
6:15 - Students get in uniform
6:45-7:45 - Warm-up
8:15 - Final 2017 Irish Guard Performance @ Fairfield High School
9:45 - Awards
11:30 - Arrival at DHS
THANK YOU to everyone that has played a part in making this season a success. Here are just a few things that parents have been amazing at...and you can always join us next year :)
- Uniform fittings, adjustments, and setup at shows
- Pit Crew - Building, setting up/tearing down, moving, driving, and loading
- Grub Club - planning and preparing meals and snacks for students on show days
- DHS Invitational and Fundraising
- Driving students to Foothill
- Updating the website, attending booster meetings, and sending out email blasts
Your dedication to providing a great band experience for all the students is inspiring and greatly appreciated. Here are the events that you have to look forward to in coming weeks!!!
1. See's Candy Fundraiser - forms will be sent home tomorrow and orders are due November 30th. They make great stocking stuffers!
2. Dublin Tree Lighting - On November 30th Jazz Ensemble will be playing at City Hall at 7PM for the city tree lighting. If you can't make it, check them out on TV30!
3. Winter Concert - Monday, December 4th, 7PM - DHS Auditorium - Orchestra, Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble
4. Breakfast with Santa - Saturday, December 9th Orchestra, Choir, and Jazz Ensemble will be entertaining 3 seatings of breakfast at the Shannon Center.....and Santa will be there!! It's a great event for the whole family so bring the little ones if you have them!
5. Band Booster Meeting - December 11th, 7PM in the choir room
6. NYC Chaperone Meeting - December 13th, 7PM in the choir room
Concert Uniforms have arrived and students will wear them for the Winter Concert on December 4th. They will be distributed on Saturday morning so that students can take them home over break with enough time to have adjustments made. Gentleman's pants need to be hemmed so the pants hang to the top of the shoe and the ladies dresses should be hemmed to floor length. Don't forget that students will wear the concert attire for all four years so they only need to pay for it once. If you have not yet paid the $125 suggested donation, the form can be found here:
Lastly, CONGRATULATIONS to Derek Dayton for receiving a scholarship from the Livermore-Ardmore Symphony!!! Thanks everyone, have a safe and restful Thanksgiving next week!!!! Don't hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.
All the best,