Welcome to the Dublin High School Irish Guard music program in Dublin, California, now under the direction of Paul D. Everts and Jonathan P. Ulrich. Dublin High School has a comprehensive music program offering instruction in Marching Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Color Guard, Winter Percussion, Concert Choir, Show Choir and Advanced Placement Music Theory..
For over 20 years, the Dublin High School Irish Guard music program has offered many opportunities for students to perform, including band reviews, home football and basketball games, concerts, field shows and community events. The marching, concert, and jazz bands have performed in many diverse locations including Hawaii, Disney World, Canada, Ireland and Carnegie Hall in New York.
- • The City of Dublin will be hosting the 2nd Annual "Dublin Idol" competition this May at the Dublin Farmers' Market. We have winners from two age group categories – students in grades 5 – 8, and grades 9 – 12. On Thursday, May 15, we will have our Preliminary Round, in which up to 30 students from each age group can compete to move on to the Final Round, which will take place on Thursday, May 29. At the Preliminary Round, each contestant can sing a song of their choice for thirty seconds, a cappella. The top ten contestants will then be invited to perform in the Final Round, where they can sing the full song, accompanied by music (a cd, without any vocals). KKIQ Radio’s Faith Alpher will again serve as our emcee for the event, and the radio station will be awarding prizes of $300, $200, and $100 to the top three winners from each age group. Students can go online to: www.dublin.ca.gov/farmersmarket to learn how to register for the event. FLYER
- • The April, May, & June calendars have been updated.
- • Please read this important information about possible Pertussis exposure.
- • Bingo night resumes on April 15 through the end of the year.
- • Visit the National Association of Music Parents on the LINKS PAGE.
- • Tentative Fall 2014 Calendar as of 3-10-14.
- 1. Sousaphones x 2 = $7,500.00 each (Brass)
- 2. Color Guard T Flags = 6 Flags that spell out "DUBLIN"
- 3. Black Dress Socks (NOT ankle socks)
- 4. A HANDYMAN – someone to help with repairs and/or building an additional uniform rack.